Connecting Communities. Strengthening Lives. Securing Futures.
Welcome to The Community Learning Center
Founded in 2019, the Community Learning Center in Kendallville strives to advance the self-sufficiency of all residents through collaborative, multi-generational programs and offerings. The Community Learning Center is a center for learning.
Our core beliefs further our community in the areas of Health and Wellness, Work Force and Economic Development and the Performing and Fine Arts to support Social and Emotional well-being.
The CLC is the home of 6 dedicated programmers to connect community members, strengthen the lives of those around us and work to secure the future of individuals and our community.
Committees of the CLC
Learn more about the Committee for the Performing Arts and the Committee for the Visual Arts.
There are beautiful spaces inside the CLC that can be rented by non-profits and for profit businesses from the community.
We are a workforce training and certification organization serving Noble County.
Center for Healthy Living
We are here to help you improve your health and well-being.
We support our communities by focusing on education, income, and health.
The Arc Foundation of Noble County
We support individuals with disabilities in Northeast Indiana.
East Noble School Corporation
Working to provide a quality education for the youth of the Kendallville area.
Cole Center Family YMCA
The YMCA is a non-profit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Northeast Indiana Wraparound
Northeast Indiana Wraparound provides care for families located in Northeast Indiana.
We are the Noble County Sexual Assault and Response Team. We are here to help victims of assault and provide self defense trainings for our community.
The CLC is housed in the former Kendallville High School property. The east end of the current building was built in 1915 with the west end being added in 1938. The architect was A. M. Strauss, a Kendallville native, know for designing the Lincoln Tower, Embassy Theater, and original War Memorial Coliseum. In 1983 the northwest end of the building was added to complete the current structure.
The Kendallville High School started on the property in 1897 in buildings that no longer exist but students continued learning at this location as a high school until 1966. After that it was both an elementary school and middle school for years until the property was recently turned over the City of Kendallville after a new East Noble Middle School building was built.